TUESDAY, MARCH 10TH, 2020: DAY ONE – ANTICIPATING AND MANAGING RISK
Tuesday, March 10th, 2020
As EMs lend more, and their citizens increasingly get credit cards, more of their assets get securitized. EMs now regularly feature mortgage-backed securities, asset-backed securities, and collateralized loan obligations. What techniques and habits of mind are best used for these instruments? Get crucial answers from Mayra Rodriguez Valladares, the Managing Principal at MRV Associates, who has over 25 years of experience in project management on risk, capital markets, and financial derivatives.
· Pinpoint the asset categories beyond sovereign and corporate debt
· Assure the necessary legal framework for securitization
· Focus on where securities are pooled
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11TH, 2020: DAY TWO – EMERGING MARKET SELECTION AND OUTLOOK
Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
Trade wars hurt the ability of countries to pay back debt in full, while also limiting exports. Investors in debt are more likely to be impacted - but there are ways you can prepare and protect yourself.
• Prepare rapid response kits for swings due to tariffs
• Re-examine holdings in light of new volatility
• Plan for outsized effects on fixed income markets