March 11 - 12, 2019
The Ritz-Carlton Westchester, White Plains, NY
Head of China Macro Strategy
11:50 AM Panel | China’s Global Debut: What China’s Entry Into Global Markets Could Mean For Your Investment Strategy
The Chinese financial market has long been closed to foreign ownership, despite widespread disapproval from the US and other nations. While some believe the addition of China represents a new era where they are a true player in the global market, others wonder how open the market will truly be. The bottom line is that interest in China, and Asian markets as a whole, will only increase with time, so how can you optimally adapt your portfolio to gain optimum exposure them?
- Gather insight into what’s happening in China and what to expect as the market continues to open up
- Bond Connect and how exactly this mutual market access scheme will allow investors to access liquidity and transparency in China
- What are the main risks and advantages with investing in China and how will this impact EM as a whole?
- Is the rise of China as a superpower good for EM?
- Could the Chinese government be major competition in the race to invest in EM (like with investing in Africa?)
- What types of bonds are most attractive when investing in this market currently?
- Can China really be an alternative to the US dollar?
- What were the hurdles into mainland China and what has Bond Connect done recently to encourage participation from global markets?